Security light timer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pir activated security light, it can be overidden by the one way switch it is attached to. My questions are..

1. Can the pir be disabled and the light still used in overide mode for a set amount of time before it turns off ?

2. Is there a device/switch with a built in timer that can be used as above, with a non pir activated light ?.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think the override function is controlled by the PIR detector itself, so if you bypass the pir, you would lose the time-off-delay function.
If you only want it to be a timed switch and never off the pir, you could bypass the detector and fit a time delay switch in place of the 1W switch you have at the moment.

I think the override function is controlled by the PIR detector itself, so if you bypass the pir, you would lose the time-off-delay function.
If you only want it to be a timed switch and never off the pir, you could bypass the detector and fit a time delay switch in place of the 1W switch you have at the moment.

Cheers, I was over complicating things. After your reply I realised I have seen simple time delay switches before.
One of these in place of the switch will do exactly what I need. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back