Seized cars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why have South Yorkshire police taken to leaving seized cars littered around the town, on the middle of roundabouts, central reservations etc? Said cars are covered in "seized" tape, and plastered with "seized, no insurance, no car" stickers and numberplates.

Surely when they seize a car, the owner has the right to get it back, therefore the police should be taking reasonable care of the vehicle until it can be collected from the pound?

So this begs the question, these cars littered around Doncaster - are they really seized cars or are they cars that are to be sent to the crusher next week because nobody has collected them for a month? Therefore wouldn't it be better to litter cubes around Doncaster? This would surely be more of a deterrant?

Sponsored Links
Maybe the pound is currently full so they are finding other places to store them :D

no! they are christmas decor doncaster style

what else do you expect?

i bet they are not seized at all, why put a note telling every tom dick and harry why its been seized?........................unless its to make you think that if you dont pay your tax etc the next seized car could be yours.

Sponsored Links
You should report them to your council as abandoned cars (they probably have a facility to do this on their website) ;)

Maybe they should open a 'pound' shop?

sounds like theyre being cheapskates. most forces lift cars straight away when they are seized for no insurance, although they dont have to do so.

i bet they are not seized at all, why put a note telling every tom dick and harry why its been seized?........................unless its to make you think that if you dont pay your tax etc the next seized car could be yours.

I bet you are right.

indeed it is, I watched a police program the other night and that was the reason given by the PC, to try and deter people as they could see the consequence of others actions no insurance, road tax etc = no car

and quite right to get these AS*HOLES off the road for good I say

With the low price of scrap, what a good way of disposing of your old wrecks, park them on a roundabout and make it look like a seized car.

;)

merseyside police use old cars in their campaigns.
At the moment, there are two cars "T" boned outside the mersey tunnel,on the pavement as part of the Christmas don't Drink and Drive Campaign.
The police HQ in liverpool have cars outside on the pavement permanently, as part of their NoTax, No insurance, campaign.
they are just props, cars that have not been claimed.
been there a couple of years,(you would think they would be on bricks by now)
:LOL:

Quite handy if you've missed the last bus home, just hop into the nearest abandoned car :D

I worked for the DVLA for a short period of time, I can verify that the system is by no means perfect. One, someone is going to get their can seized incorrectly whilst they are on holiday, and then subsequently crushed. Then, oh dear, theft, criminal damage....... etc, if it was me, I throw the book at them, and if TNA take out a personal private prosecution against the officer, but then I am vindictive.

Sponsored Links
Back