Selling House - Survey flagged items for concern

They are trying it on. They've spent money to get this far. Let them buy or let them go.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone.

I think the buyers, being first time buyers have been spooked by this whole thing and it was never their intention to set out and get a reduction. If the work does need doing then we will agree something with the price or get someone in to do the work so that we and the buyers are happy.

We are in discussions with the buyers about this now so we'll see what their response is. Failing an easy resolution it does seem the next step is to get a decent building surveyor in to provide a proper report on the lintels and get a definite and unbiased opinion, then we will take it from there.

I think the buyers, being first time buyers have been spooked by this whole thing ...
I think it's easy for those of us who know a bit about things like this to forget what it must be like for the (in this case) first time buyer being asked to put down a 6 figure sum for a "pile of bricks". They have to rely on professionals to tell them if it's a reasonable buy, but get vagueness that could mean there's no problem, or could mean it's just waiting to fall down. How the heck are they supposed to know :confused: They really ought to be complaining about their surveyor - there isn't really much excuse for it.

Mind you, was the surveyor working for them, or for their prospective lender ?

... get a decent building surveyor in to provide a proper report on the lintels and get a definite and unbiased opinion ...
That does seem like a good idea.

Sponsored Links
But they would say the building surveyor was working for you and thus biased.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back