Seperate Oven and Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to wire a 7.2kw Hob and a 4.5kw Oven and their at opposite sides of the kitchen. Do I need to wire from two individual breakers in my consumer unit and then have a individual isolating switch before each of the appliances. If not how do I get round it and what size cable/ equipment do i need ?

Sponsored Links
You need a 30A supply for the hob and a 20A supply for the oven.
Cable size will depend on how long the run is, the protective device, how the cable is installed i.e. ambient temp, against thermal insulation, grouped with other cables etc. Also please note that this work will be notifiable to your LABC under part p of the building regs.

Sponsored Links
gericom said:
If not how do I get round it and what size cable/ equipment do i need ?

You can apply diversity.

You can switch two appliances from the same isolator if they are both within 2m of it.

I have run a 10 mm cooker supply to a cooker 45 amp double pole switch to supply an oven. We were going to have a gas hob adjacent to this but now are going to have a ceramic hob. Can somebody explain if both cooker and hob power supplies can be fitted from the same outlet connection supplied from the switch.

N.B This work is being inspected and tested afterwards as per Part P.

You should start your own thread on this, maybe a mod will do that for you.

But you can wire two appliances from one isolator if they are both within 2m of it.

What loading are the appliances?

It is best to wire a cooker circuit with flc in mind, but it is permissible to apply diversity. Do you know how?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back