seperate oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
would it be ok to join the cable in order to move the cooker control unit,
also if i used a control unit with a 13amp socket attached could i plug the oven into this or would it be better to add a fused spur to an existing socket circuit.
The appliances are seperate oven& hob.
oven rating 2150w total
hob rating 6270w total :?:
p.s. any chance of a circuit drawing.

Sponsored Links
nothing wrong with plugging the oven into the cooker control unit provided you spec the cuircuit right

what is the existing cable and breaker size?

jointing can be done but would be tricky as you can't (easilly?) get terminal block over 30A junction boxes exist but fititng theese in a way that was both reasonable looking and left them accessible may be tricky

what kind of plate is the existing cooker control unit on? single? double? something huge?

circuit is 32amp break as far as i know.
cooker is on a rather large single switch box

large as in deep but with only a single gang plate?

32*230=7360 which is not enough to cover both while diversity guidelines allow it i wouldn't reccomend this as it could easilly trip during cooking and id' need to know the cable size before adviseing you to uprate the breaker

you could put the oven on the ring but that means adding more load to what is aready likely to be the houses most heavilly loaded ring

Sponsored Links
i have a seperate ring in the kitchen with just two double sockets on it.this has been added recently .
also the cable is 6mm cooker rated.

Unless you've got lots of power-hungry items already on that ring it'll be fine for the oven.

6mm isn't really enough for both the hob and the oven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back