Seriously ill boy removed from hospital by his parents.

The King Family are now considering legal action against Southampton Hospital / Hampshire Police for wrongful arrest, defamation, and false imprisonment
They are lucky Aysha survived the journey to Spain or they would be facing a charge of Manslaughter now.
And if the process abroad proves successful, what should the hospital/staff be accused of?

Denial of appropriate medical care?

Sponsored Links
Where did the money come from to pay the rumoured £90k for treatment?
Weren't they said to be selling a property to pay for this?

I'm sure their story will be snapped up by some newspaper which will more than pay for it.

Great result for the little lad and hopefully a successful outcome, fingers crossed for a full recovery.

The King Family are now considering legal action against Southampton Hospital / Hampshire Police for wrongful arrest, defamation, and false imprisonment
They are lucky Aysha survived the journey to Spain or they would be facing a charge of Manslaughter now.
And if the process abroad proves successful, what should the hospital/staff be accused of?

Denial of appropriate medical care?

How would the Parents be able to prove that this new treatment is more affective than the conventional treatment that was offered ?

They refused the conventional treatment.

Sponsored Links
Even the UK hospital have admitted it has at least the same chance of success as what they were offering :rolleyes:

And if it's so bad a choice why are two facilities being built here for future use?

What we have here is the authorities trying to save money and then using the law to blame the parents for the inadequacies in their care...

I believe in plain english it's called 'covering their a*ses'!

If I understand the situation correctly, parents have the right to choose, what they consider to be, the best teatment for their child.
However, the treatment that they preferred was not available for the child's condition and only available for eye conditions. It was reported that this was simply a cost/rationing excercise.
The parents were obviously well informed, and well prepared, and made their decision to persue the best course of action in order to secure their preferred treatment for their child.
I, for one, salute them for their courage to procure their preferred treatment for their child against the hospital's refusal to supply that treatment.

Back