service valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im installing new plumbing pipes for a boiler in my house and i would like to know where i should install a service point where I can drain and flush the system. also how do you add inhibator to the syetm? I'm using old radiators and some old pipes so I'd like to give them a good flush before attaching my boiler.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
What type of system are you installing?

Obviously drain off valves should be at the lowest point on the system

You can powerflush from the pump. Remove it and connect your hoses to each end.

On a combi system its easiest to install inhibiter through the bleed nipple on a radiator. Get yourself some Fernox F1 - should be enough to cover most systems.

This is what you want:

http://media.plumbtraders.co.uk/uploads/images/2009/02/02/F1Express.jpg

On a combi you will just need drain valves on the lowest points on all the pipe runs so you can drain the whole system.

To flush it is as my previous message.[/url]

Sponsored Links
Dependant on the boiler jig, and if you are just flushing with mains water, you could cap off the return on the jig and use the filling loop, if fitted to the pipe and adapt to accept a hose on the flow connection of the jig to drain out.
You could possibly power flush via the jig F&R connections, and use the unit to add inhibitor, close the jig connection valves (dependant) and hang the boiler once done.
Add drain points to any radiator pipes dropped from above, and at the lowest point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back