Servicing car- disposal of antifreeze/ old coolent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm servicing my car myself for the first time. I did the oil change and disposed of the old oil at the local council tip. However I'm planning on replacing the coolent this weekend but wondering how I should dispose of the old stuff. I'm aware anti freeze is very bag for the environment so want to dispose of it correctly.

Many thanks,
Paul

Sponsored Links
Probably strictly non kosher, but it's a corner of the garden for mine......the weeds are as lush as ever :p and no dead creatures to be seen.
John :)

Probably strictly non kosher, but it's a corner of the garden for mine......the weeds are as lush as ever :p and no dead creatures to be seen.
That's probably what happens to 99.9% of it from DIY sources John. Can't remember what I did with the last lot I had. . .
Now I hope you've collected all that nasty iron oxide from cleaning off that grass cutter and recycled it into the nearest blast furnace. :)

Most of it is in me eyes, Dave :p
Cracking bit of kit though - I was never one for endless scraping with emery cloth!

Sponsored Links
Same result as above. I put mine down the foul waste drain that leads to sewer system. Make sure it doesn't go into surface water system for roof drainage, etc. if yours is separated.

The recyclers take away old motor oil here if you leave it out on collection day.

Back