Servicing magnaclean filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler has this fitted, presumably when the combi boiler was installed three years ago. We moved in last year. Never serviced the magnaclean so looked up how to do it. Looks fairly straightforward.

The only question is whether I should add some extra inhibitor or not, and if so, which type?

Sponsored Links
wont do any harm to top the inhibitor up but better to find out what is already installed (if any ) I would use the same brand to top up, there may be a sticker on the boiler saying what is in your system , if not check the benchmark for the boiler it should be stated in that

IIRC the stickers showed Fernox F1 so happy to use that. Presumably I just pour the whole bottle into the filter canister?

Sponsored Links
The canister wont take the whole bottle, so I tend to add about 250 ml every year at service time.

And every year I forget to allow for the magnet displacement and fill the canister to the rim. Every year!!

Sometimes I feel so senior......

I had a proper look at the sticker and the product is "GC1 Protector". I've researched and found the company the boiler that fitted and serviced it appears to be out of action. Doubt they were big enough to make their own version. Will stick with Femox irrespective. @snes will make a note of volume.

You will need to empty the cannisterr to get inhibitors in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back