Servis M6702 washing machine- no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 yr old Servis M6702 machine that has no power to it...The electricity tripped out this afternoon when the machine was halfway through a cycle.
I have emptied and drained the machine, but it now appears to have no power to it, although when it is plugged in and switched on it automatically locks the door, but has no display or any other visible sign of life!
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Servis UK went into liquidation in 2008 (with the loss of 150 jobs). Since then service information & spare parts have become increasingly difficult to track down. However if you dig deep enough some spares are still available http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/servis/washing-machines-32/
Judging by your description of the problem I would assume your pcb is history. This may (or may not) have been prompted by the failure of another electrical component. You could start by inspecting the pcb for signs of damaged/burned components or tracks. If you find damage then you must confirm the door switch, heater element, pump & motor are all in order before repairing or replacing or the pcb (providing you can find one)
http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=category&id=2&subid=30
Servis are pretty near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to quality & reliability. Spares & service info are also pretty thin on the ground, so you'll have to decide yourself how much you want to put into any repair. Two things come immediately to mind....the skip & a new washer (preferably one with a good reputation). Good luck :D

Thats really freaky Stret I have the same washing machine and it stopped working on Friday Afternoon with exactly the same issue. The missus had the washing machine, tumble dryer and microwave on the electricity tripped when put back on the tumble dryer and micro were fine the washing machine however... Have to admit will probably follow zippers advice and get a new one, I think it was about 4 years old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back