Servowarm Elite 50.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a humming noise coming from my central heating system,it also seems that the pump is running permanently.Also sometimes on ignition there is a buzzing noise coming from a circuit board in the boiler housing, I've managed to track this down to what I think is a relay. Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of these noises and let me know if the pump should be running all the time. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you are certain that a relay is buzzing then it will be a new pcb

Has the elite 50 got one then :eek: :eek:

Amazing what you learn on DiyNot :rolleyes:

Or have i got to get the book out ;)

Sponsored Links
Elite fifty does have a board but the chances of gettin this through anyone other than servowarm as a call out is very remote tried half dozen big suppliers for servowarm parts 6 months ago and they all said they are not dealing with them anymore because they are horrendous to deal with

Even parts center do not have a listing for Servowarm! Good luck :(

So now I got to go and take an elite 50e to bit and find the pcb have I :LOL:

Any clues where it should be :rolleyes:

Its tucked behind the built in Programmer DIA

its a pump over run PCB

corgiman said:
Its tucked behind the built in Programmer DIA

its a pump over run PCB

Thats just a switch between terminal 2-4 on the energy manager and terminal 6 in the wiring center.

Virtually any over-run will do the job (I think) :rolleyes:

Yeah but we ARE taliking about a Servowarm dont forget

believe me my Guv'nor has got us working on the bloody things

theres me thinking I left them behind as I work for the beggars about 15 years ago

Shiver

corgiman said:
Yeah but we ARE taliking about a Servowarm dont forget

believe me my Guv'nor has got us working on the b****y things

theres me thinking I left them behind as I work for the beggars about 15 years ago

Shiver

Got to have been one of the most reliable boilers on the market :rolleyes: and probably still is :eek:

I mean come on, how many boilers do you know that is all original (thermocouple excluded) parts and working as good as new after 26 years.

No sticky gas valves, pumps or rubbish PCBs, low water content, modulating gas valve, energy management system, and not a drop of inhibitor in sight ever.

I mean come on, how many boilers do you know that is all original (thermocouple excluded) parts and working as good as new after 26 years.

tell yer in a bit when me old turbomax gives up the ghost

diaphram thermocouple both wearing parts ;) i refer the right honrable gentleman to an earlier thread

and you have had the front off your servowarm thats how you know

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

kevplumb said:

tell yer in a bit when me old turbomax gives up the ghost

diaphram thermocouple both wearing parts ;) i refer the right honrable gentleman to an earlier thread

and you have had the front off your servowarm thats how you know

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

The case has been off since I last changed the thermocouple (18months) never got around to stickin it back, maybe one day. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back