Severe waste blockage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a bad blockage on the sink waste. Tried wire rodding etc to no avail. Think the problem is the waste disposal unit.The run is very long and goes into a sealed stack pipe in a block of flats.In total probably 7mtrs in length and NO access as it is glued joints on 50mm pipework reduced to 32mm for waste fittings.Also has 5 ,yes I said 5, bends @ 90 degrees two of which are joined to go right and left immediately ! When I ran the wire through it will only go so far because of all the bends. So question is ,what to do before calling Dyno or someone in. Any input gratefully recieved thank you

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, sounds like Mr DIY has been at it again, the 2 90's shouldn't be there and I guess the fall over 7m is incorrect also :rolleyes: I would suggest you get a good local plumber who would redo the complete waste pipe fella... If no waste or water is getting away, the lovely growth of all the nasty germs will grow quite quickly. Hope you used gloves when you looked at the pipe ;)

I would take off the lot and renew with pushfit. Cost you less than £10 and be cheaper than a call out. :D

Or why not put a big bucket under the pipe at a suitable point; put your rubber gloves on; cut the pipe and fit a tee with an access plug.

Before fitting the plug see what you can shift with your wire thing...

Sponsored Links
Just what I thought. Cut it out and start again-properly!

Access plug is very good possibility as its gonna happen again due to the waste disposal unit

Thanks for the replies. I'll have one more go first though, hate to give up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back