Sharp 32" TV problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Sharp 32" LCD TV. (LC-32SD1E). When i first turn it on in the mornings it will come on for about 2 seconds and the picture is lost. The sound stays on though. If I leave it on for 10 mins then turn it off then on it will normally work ok. The picture has been known to switch off when it's been on for a while to.
Has anyone got any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
The Invertor board :D

The screws which hold it in place are the earthing point and have possibly worked loose.

Fix tighten them.

You have sound and no picture but if you look at the screen you can see the lcd image without the backlight.

Sponsored Links
Further to Insight's post..an LCD screen works by providing a light, via florescent tubes, and these are powered by invertors (ie the starters in traditional light fittings)

So, these starters, or invertors are faulty? or the power supply to them is low?

My bet is faulty capacitors in the power supply..Invertors either work or not. As duff caps have been fitted since the late 80's.

But any modern tech can be rendered useless as they use a system called the i2c bus, and if something fails, it shorts out the i2c bus out, and usually gives an error code...?

hi the first thing I would check is the connectors are all pushed home fully.because you say that the sound is o.k. could be the vibration of sound causing this intermitten problem. had this problem with a new set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back