Sharp aquos lcd tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
I put tv on stand by when I went to bed, turned on In morning, all I got was
A blank screen with blue at top with DTV in it.
Can't select any channel. I think I can get all menu features except
Not giving an choice of tuning a channel.
Has anyone got a clue what is going on ,or maybe wrong with tv.
Please help, a nightmare without tv.
All the best
Paul

Sponsored Links
1) check the aerial lead and connectors in the bedroom.

2) test the TV on another aerial lead elsewhere (lounge?) in the house

Hello lucid
thank you very much for replying ,
I have tried it on another aerial and still the same, that was my exact thought,
you probably know more than me.
Do you have any clue what else it could be, any educated quest ??
Thanks a lot
Paul

After the aerial cable then the next most likely causes are that there's an issue with the aerial system, or the TV hasn't stored the stations you tuned.

Sponsored Links
hello lucid
what confuses me is that the tv is not giving me the menu to install any sort of tuning
or storing channels. I have also today tried a friends tv to check the aerial , that tv works
fine, so that makes me think the aerial is working ok, am I right to think that ???
I just don't know what else it could be. Maybe just look in the service mode to see if anything pops up.
Thanks for your advice thou, if you can think of anything else, please let me Know
thank you
paul

If another TV works fine on that aerial point then I'd say it's a TV issue, not an aerial issue.

I take it you have checked that the TV is on the correct input?

What I mean is that it's easy to press a button by mistake and change the TV to one of the AV inputs or the analogue TV tuner input. If there's no signal then the TV screen will mute, and depending on the options then the screen could well go blue. If the TV is on a HDMI or AV input by mistake then that might explain why the tuning menu can't be accessed.

Read the TV manual about changing inputs. Use the remote to cycle between the various inputs and check if the screen changes and perhaps flashes up which input is selected. Then press the "DTV" button to select the digital TV tuner.

My guess is that the TV needs repair. To prove this, simply switch off the mains power at the wall socket, wait 30 seconds then switch it back on. If the TV still doesn't work, get a couple of repair estimates.

You haven't stated the model number or age. If it's one of the first (2001) production then you might consider recycling it and buying a new TV.

I have one of these and have had something similar before which thankfully didn't need replacing or repairing. The software on these isn't the best and it does freeze quite frequently. I find powering off for around 10 minutes is usually enough to bring it back to life.
Have you tried anything on one of the other inputs (HDMI or VGA / PC if you've got one to test with)? Might help narrow down if it's a Tuner / signal problem or something more terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back