Sharp R-270SLM Microwave Lamp Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you replace the lamp in this machine? I'm assuming the whole outer cover has to come off, as I don't see any other way.

Before I take it off, what kind of lamp do I need?

Jimmy

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure this one uses a 20w 230v SES pigmy bulb - pretty standard stuff really.
The top cover has to come off, but make sure the thing has been switched off for a few hours as there are some heavy duty capacitors inside.
John :)

If you can't buy the bulb locally, try Screwfix as they stocked the bulb for my microwave that no-one else did...apparently it's not a 'standard' bulb but one peculiar to Japanese/American white goods.

Sponsored Links
Burnerman- Got the top case off. See what you mean about capacitors! Bulb is indeed 20W SES, but see below.

Nicam49- I see what you mean about the bulb! The "pear shaped" ones (larger diameter at the top) don't fit. Luckily I had a parallel sided one in by box of spare bulbs! Something to bear in mind for anyone else with the same problem.

Many thanks guys.
Jimmy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back