Shataff toilet spray

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just seen one in action in Portugal, I have decided to get one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=bidet+shower&rh=i:aps,k:bidet+shower

not for a bidet, but as an alternative to a toilet brush. The one I used washes away skid marks like magic!

One thing I'm not too happy about, though, is that many of the adverts contain the caveat that the flexible hose is not designed to contain mains-pressure water and, unless turned off at the copper pipe end, are likely to leak. The one we used on Portugal didn't seem to have any such problems, though.

Are there any specific flexible water hoses that are designed to contain continuous mains water? In fact, are there any particular toilet water-sprays that any of you could recommend?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What is wrong with the humble toilet brush? (Or scare a cat and use the resulting tail if such a brush is not available.) Those things are expensive to buy and fit, will need installing properly to avoid falling foul of the water regs, and for what? A few seconds with a brush will achieve the same if not a better result!

If it is that area of the body you require cleaning then there's always this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/179862578842966183/

What is wrong with the humble toilet brush? (Or scare a cat and use the resulting tail if such a brush is not available.) Those things are expensive to buy and fit, will need installing properly to avoid falling foul of the water regs, and for what? A few seconds with a brush will achieve the same if not a better result!

If it is that area of the body you require cleaning then there's always this: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/179862578842966183/[/QUOTE]

No, I'll stick with the traditional torn up newspaper on a string, just as my father and his father before him did.

Still, I'm hoping that someone might be able to advise me re. flexible water hoses that are designed to contain continuous mains water pressure.

There are flexi tap connectors available up to 900mm long, depending on how long you need it to be, join 2 together?

There are flexi tap connectors available up to 900mm long, depending on how long you need it to be, join 2 together?

Thanks for that.

I think 900mm would be long enough. I presume that these are the things that often come supplied with taps and are therefore suitable for permanent connection to live mains water.

I think I need to go and look for myself now to see how flexible they are.

toilet water is a category 5 fluid (effluent ect.) any appliance to be installed in the zone of a cat 5 fluid risk needs to be adequately protected from backflow and on its own supply.
in your case that would mean the shatoff valve having its own own tank to supply the water feed with a type AA backflow prevention arrangement.
Anything less would be a violation of uk water by-laws and poses a risk to not just your health but the health of your neighbours if the mains water supply was to become contaminated due to your device.

Thanks for that.

I think 900mm would be long enough. I presume that these are the things that often come supplied with taps and are therefore suitable for permanent connection to live mains water.

They are specifically made for muslims, so you can't have one. Something to do with Showeria Law. :LOL:

toilet water is a category 5 fluid (effluent ect.) any appliance to be installed in the zone of a cat 5 fluid risk needs to be adequately protected from backflow and on its own supply.
in your case that would mean the shatoff valve having its own own tank to supply the water feed with a type AA backflow prevention arrangement.
Anything less would be a violation of uk water by-laws and poses a risk to not just your health but the health of your neighbours if the mains water supply was to become contaminated due to your device.

I think we now get to the nub of the thread. .... The OP doesn't give a flock ;)

regulations are there for a reason! and if we didn't have regulations then where would we be? FRANCE!

Thanks for that.

They are specifically made for muslims, so you can't have one. Something to do with Showeria Law. :LOL:

Was that tumbleweed blowing past outside?! :D

Thanks again for all the input.

I understand the need for regulations but, as we all know, they take no account of common sense, with which my first wife and I are reasonably well provided. Neither of us have any intention of allowing the spray head to sit in the toilet water and there are no idiotic kids in the house either!

I suppose the fitting of a simple backflow preventer wouldn't be seen as providing adequate protection, so I probably won't bother to fit one!

But thanks for the heads-up, though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back