Shataff toilet spray

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for all the input.

I understand the need for regulations but, as we all know, they take no account of common sense, with which my first wife and I are reasonably well provided. Neither of us have any intention of allowing the spray head to sit in the toilet water and there are no idiotic kids in the house either!

I suppose the fitting of a simple backflow preventer wouldn't be seen as providing adequate protection, so I probably won't bother to fit one!

But thanks for the heads-up, though.

Just don't tell anyone.

Never mind Water Regs eh? This is just like when folk say to me that 60° on DHW cylinders is too hot and that it's ok to turn it down as you hardly hear owt about Legionella in this country.

Regs are usually in place because a situation has occurred in the past to warrant the particular Reg to be put into place. So saying you and your wife don't have any intention of allowing the head to enter the WC pan is a careless attitude to the Regs regarding your situation. Just think of where that bacteria is migrating when your washing your behinds and I doubt a couple of plastic and rubber seals (check valve) will prevent the bacteria. Now I cannot say for certain where all this bacteria can reach into the water supply, can you?

James.

Never mind Water Regs eh? This is just like when folk say to me that 60° on DHW cylinders is too hot and that it's ok to turn it down as you hardly hear owt about Legionella in this country.

Regs are usually in place because a situation has occurred in the past to warrant the particular Reg to be put into place. So saying you and your wife don't have any intention of allowing the head to enter the WC pan is a careless attitude to the Regs regarding your situation. Just think of where that bacteria is migrating when your washing your behinds and I doubt a couple of plastic and rubber seals (check valve) will prevent the bacteria. Now I cannot say for certain where all this bacteria can reach into the water supply, can you?

James.

I thought I'd made it clear that I don't want the spray for washing our botties. Toilet paper is perfectly adequate for that purpose. The spray would be for removing skid marks from the toilet bowl. Yes, I suppose that some will criticise me for not aiming accurately enough, but it is very difficult to crane your neck around 180 degrees to see where the faecal matter is heading, especially when the toilet bowl is almost completely obscured by your fundament.

Anyway, this morning my first wife unearthed something that will make an extra job for me completely unnecessary. She discovered that the shower head attached to the adjacent bath taps easily reaches the toilet bowl, so we don't need a '****off' after all. And a bonus is that I've saved myself upwards of 40 squits - sorry quids.

It now occurs to me that, the shower head being within reach of the toilet bowl, we have been breaking the law for the last ten years, to say nothing of the people who had the house before us. Can I claim compo from the previousl owners for endangering our health?

Seriously, though, my thanks to those who offered constructive advice.

Sponsored Links
Every shower I fit, I always pass the hose through the plastic retainer so that the hose doesn't reach the bath or shower tray (That way Reggie or Walter won't come after me) but everyone takes them out eventually.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If you smear skat around with wads of paper then your arris is not clean ;).

It is if you use at least half a dozen. And mine must be clean enough as I've never caught any related illness.

Anyway, even if you wash it after every poo, it only takes one good fart - especially a wet one - and all the good is undone! :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back