Shed advise

Hi,
I am after getting a shed, probably going to go for wodden, but waht type, I am looking at Apex Tongue & Groove (8 x 6) rather than the Overlap sheds, i think it might be more robust?
There is also a question on what to stand it on, I was thinging paving slabs, but some of them you can get a Portable Base (comes with Galvanised support.
I will probably get it assembled (by the company that i buy it from rather than someone else, I am thinking of the assembly as I have back problemsand assembly at @ £150 isn't that bad)

Can I have people's thoughts please.And suggestions where to buy ( I hear B&Q ones aren't that ggod!)

Thanks

Steve

Steve, did you ever get one? I followed the advice and picked one up for £350 (ukgardenbuildings) which includes delivery and installation for a non pressure treated T&G (throughout) shed. Being installed in a couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
NON pressure treated??? You'll want to be getting a couple of tins a decent brand wood preserver on it then. Go for Sadolin or Cuprinol shed n fence. Cheaper stuff does not contain a preservative.

Hi,
I am after getting a shed, probably going to go for wodden, but waht type, I am looking at Apex Tongue & Groove (8 x 6) rather than the Overlap sheds, i think it might be more robust?
There is also a question on what to stand it on, I was thinging paving slabs, but some of them you can get a Portable Base (comes with Galvanised support.
I will probably get it assembled (by the company that i buy it from rather than someone else, I am thinking of the assembly as I have back problemsand assembly at @ £150 isn't that bad)

Can I have people's thoughts please.And suggestions where to buy ( I hear B&Q ones aren't that ggod!)

Thanks

Steve

Steve, did you ever get one? I followed the advice and picked one up for £350 (ukgardenbuildings) which includes delivery and installation for a non pressure treated T&G (throughout) shed. Being installed in a couple of weeks.

Hi TJB, My one is on order from a local Fence \ Shed provider, I went for a 'Shire', 'Lewis', 10 x 8 £473 Not Presure treated, will go for Cuprinol shed n fence ( i was also looking at Cupronol Ultimate Garden wood Protector), advise on this would be appreasiated.
Mine is T&G (throughout) as well :D

Just had a look on the Cuprinol wb page and there they call it Cuprinol Total ( I had picked up a broucher that called it Ultimate!

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/total_treatment_overview.jsp

I am getting quotes from buildres for concerete base and possibly electrics.

Steve

will go for Cuprinol shed n fence ( i was also looking at Cupronol Ultimate Garden wood Protector), advise on this would be appreasiated.

Can't see much advantage of one over the other really. I've used shed n fence before and would use it again. Very watery so soaks easily into the timber, and noticably water repellant.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Deluks, i'll use shed n fence then :D

I noticed that big-all had writtten ( on 7th March)
7 years is iff you do nothing
if its errected clear off the ground and no wood touching anything other than felt or dpm [this includes logs or earth]

Does this mean that I should put some felt between the conceter base and the Bearers ( The bareres are built into the base), should I wrap \ staple the felt to the bearers?

Thanks Again,
Steve

Thanks Deluks, i'll use shed n fence then :D

I noticed that big-all had writtten ( on 7th March)
7 years is iff you do nothing
if its errected clear off the ground and no wood touching anything other than felt or dpm [this includes logs or earth]

Does this mean that I should put some felt between the conceter base and the Bearers ( The bareres are built into the base), should I wrap \ staple the felt to the bearers?

Thanks Again,
Steve

i personaly would go over the top and use slabs or bricks with felt on top why!!!!!

becuase if you felt on the concrete you only need about 3mm of water to pool for water to reach the timbers

if your timber is raised its physicaly impossible for them to get wet unless you have a flood

now i dont boubt for one min that its overkill in most instances but i know there will be no rot where its hardest to repair ;)

but yes at least felt between wood and concrete wether vertical or horizintal

Thanks again big-all

This seems a strange thing to ask, but do I treat the shed inside and out? I guess it makes sence to treat inside as it will soak into the wood?

Got my first official quote back for the base etc, twice as much as the rought quote :evil:
So I guess I will have to get more quote, still shed is a week or 2 before delivery and then i wasn to treat it before it goes up, so I guess i have until the end of april (if it ever stops raining at the weekend for me to treat the shed!)

Steve

it wont harm to do the inside
but usualy its only the outside because your shed is full off rubbish or lined and insulated:cool:

Thanks again big-all. It will be full of rubbush, but I won't be lining or insulating it.
But might as well treat it.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back