Shed foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

ordered a shed yesterday an 8x6...cleared out the area in the garden that its going to go in..trouble is the clay in that corner of the garden is so wet always has been. my plan was to level the ground and put the shed on a sharp sand and paving slab base. will this be ok considering the wetness in that area. is there any thing i could put down that'll help dry out the area? shed is only for bikes ,ladders and lawnmowers, so nothing too heavy.

Sponsored Links
should be allright with just a sharp sand base,but i think you'll have to edge the area first to stop the sand washing away,

i would make a concrete sceed using sharp sand soft sand and cement made to a dryish mix then lay yer slabs on the screed ;) paul

we always put them on a concrete base. nice and level and will last years

Sponsored Links
so if i was going to put it on a concrete base how much earth would i have to dig out and how much concrete would i have to mix up...my experience stretches as far as replacing a fence post with some post mix..lol :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back