Shocking fascia gutter job

Sponsored Links
He was meant to be coming round today to see what i wasn't happy with, he sent his lad, didn't show. then didnt return calls.

just shy of £900, now i know what your gonna say but in my defence i got 3 quotes off companies, and the other two just said it'll just be materials and labour. i told him i wanted replacements, felt trays, soffit vents.

he also put the windows and doors in, which aren't that bad.

i was working away, he tried capping the wooden boards till my girlfriend sent me a picture, i confronted him and he denied we agreed replacements, the said it will be an extra 430 for replacements, hes left the apex's capped and changed the sides.

i priced all the materials because i was going to get a scaffold in and do it myself, till work shipped me up to scotland.

Sponsored Links
he's avoiding me knowing full well im up the road tomorrow, do i have the right to tell him to come take it down and get a professional in?

Just hope he doesnt give your partner a hard time when you are away...demanding his money etc.
I would either wait till you have the time and do it yourself or let someone who is more experienced in roofline work sort it out.
Personally i wouldnt let the fella do any more work for me.. on the roofline anyway.

Normally, you should give him the chance to correct the work. But you can say that it is so bad that you have lost faith on his abilities, so don't want him back.

But then he could say that he will sub the work out. Its a difficult one, but it depends on how 'legal' he wants to make it.

You will have 30 days to pay an invoice, so if it can't wait, then you need to tell him what you propose. If you don't want him back, make it clear to him not to visit your property without an agreed appointment with you.

You could play for time by saying you want a second opinion.

I've given him the chance to come round, he's avoided me this weekend and then sent his lad today after me taking the day off to see him.

I've just text him saying i dont want him working on the house through the week and ill see him saturday, if he doesnt show up ill assume he isnt going to rectify the job and ill get someone in to do it properly.

im awaiting his reply.

WOW WHAT A JOB,why do some numptys insist on being chancers really gets me.
i personally would take as many pics as possible just in case he gets legal or nasty,if he gets legal have your day in court.

i would also maybe contact watch dog.

what a pleb. :eek:

chancers indeed, swinging the lead because i work away, he bailed when i took 3 days off to babysit him.

excuses a plenty, funerals, holidays the lot.

ha ha, unbelievable workmanship,

i replaced my parents end terraced gutters front and rear,

i had a string line up with line level on, then dropped the pipe end down 20mm.

i put the gutter joint in the middle, then equally spaced the brackets at around 600mm.

all tested with a hose pipe.

perfect job and i'm no gutter fitter.

if he did your windows as well... just out of interest did he notify it to building control and was you issued with a completion certificate?

unless fensa certified... which I doubt with that level of work.

certificate is important should you ever come to sell your house.

He is fensa registered, I am yet to receive the cert though.

Whether he has notified the correct authorities I don't know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back