Short circuit test

to have GONE short circuit would be a faulty relay

Semiconductor relays are basically optocouplers where a short circuit on the output would be a fault condition

so no qualms about using the term "short circuit" to discribe and understand the meaning of the phase in relation to "faulty" and "fault condition" yourself then?

As I said, for something to have GONE short circuit (i.e. that it is not the normal state), no. For example the windings on a fan can GO short circuit if the insulation breaks down

so is this an "exclusive to PCB repairers" sort of thing?

No, it's exclusive to the real world
:LOL:
for example, if you measure the resistance of a piece of (normal) wire, you would expect to see a short circuit between the two ends. You would also say that there is continuity between the ends

The quoted example means what exactly?

It means that if you don't understand what I said, you shouldn't be let anywhere near an appliance that works with electricity

I think we all know there is always going to be continuity actoss a a short circuit

So, what's your problem

or is this a thing that "only PCB repairers " must know?
in short, your point?
, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it is a short circuit and, believe it or not, NOT a fault condition
unless of course you're a pcb repairer refering to semi-conductors or pcb tracks etc

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
loser.gif

I also have a degree :p

I'm not sure how relevant home economics is to boiler fitting though

I think its actually English or something equally irrelevant to boilers!

Literature actually - which does demonstrate a certain level of ability is reading manuals and understanding how to follow instructions.

Like how to use a forum's quote function and make sense.

I doubt many people's degrees have much to do directly with boiler's.:cool:

Raden - You don't seriously think that I would ACCEPT a boiler repair request from YOU!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
shakes.jpg

Tis time to let me service your boilers. I have all the literary expertise!

I can also take a photo with my mobile but it then sits there "processing" and if I get fed up and end the application before its finished then it sometimes becomes "lost".

Tony

I can also take a photo with my mobile but it then sits there "processing" and if I get fed up and end the application before its finished then it sometimes becomes "lost".

Tony

Wait until June Tony & get an iPhone 5, they'll be the dogs danglers!!
They'll even make the Tea & a full Ulster Fry!!

Literature actually - which does demonstrate a certain level of ability is reading manuals and understanding how to follow instructions.

Like how to use a forum's quote function and make sense.

I doubt many people's degrees have much to do directly with boiler's.:cool:

a degree in literature, but suffers from the rogue apostrophe syndrome

I rest my case

Raden - You don't seriously think that I would ACCEPT a boiler repair request from YOU!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

Whatever makes you think that I'd even let a window licker like you in the house

I've never had a problem that I couldn't fix myself

I rest my case

You might want to check your own grammar and punctuation before criticising others.

Looks like you have learned how to use the quote function though - congratulations. Now you have the skills equivalent to a trained chimp.

shakes.jpg

Tis time to let me service your boilers. I have all the literary expertise!

"flame sense, flame sense, wherefore art thou flame sense"

"If gas be the fuel of boilers, light up
give me excess of it that the boiler might light up and not die"

"An 'ammer, an 'ammer, my diagnosis for an 'ammer"

I rest my case

You might want to check your own grammar and punctuation before criticising others.

Looks like you have learned how to use the quote function though - congratulations. Now you have the skills equivalent to a trained chimp.

I don't claim a degree in ... literature

But, for someone who claims to have a degree in (I presume English) literature to make such a basic error in english grammar I have to ask who TYUTA ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back