Should news presenters appear on TV wearing the hijab?

As above

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
As you say, they did not because they dare not.

They had the common sense to realise that the risk would have been too great to contemplate, but this did not stop them from putting her on view to the world from a warm and secure studio.

Sponsored Links
As you say, they did not because they dare not.
I did not say that.
Why would it be a dare?

They had the common sense to realise that the risk would have been too great to contemplate,
Am I missing something? I have not studied it.
Did the French rampage and attack muslim television crews?

but this did not stop them from putting her on view to the world from a warm and secure studio.
Were there no reporters from muslim countries in France that day?

Do the News channels quickly substitute reporters who are the same religion as those making the news?
Do the British channels fly someone who is not white to the US to report on a police killing of a black person?

I think you are scraping the barrel looking for things to complain about.

I do not watch C4 news and do not know how often she presents but C4 and she have stated that it was just her scheduled day/time.

Perhaps the nutter in Nice new this and chose the day for that reason and not because of Bastille Day.

Are you wearing THE shirt?

I didn’t see any Muslim reporters, did you?

They had the common sense to realise that the risk would have been too great to contemplate, but this did not stop them from putting her on view to the world from a warm and secure studio.
That's a bit of a leap isn't it?

Sponsored Links
It is possible that they did not go, or if they did, they went incognito.

I didn’t see any Muslim reporters, did you?
How would you recognise the Muslim reporters?
I realise this question offers some the opportunity to be explicitly racist, but if they feel the need to do so, that's their problem.

It is possible that they did not go, or if they did, they went incognito.
Perhaps you could post pictures of Muslim reporters incognito.

I have no problem with them going incognito!
Perhaps you could post pictures of Muslim reporters incognito so that we can understand why you have no problem with Muslim reporters incognito.
If you have no pictures , perhaps a description could suffice.

I'm puzzled as to what DRM is getting at.

Of course the reporters did not GO. Any reporting shortly after the event would have been by reporters ALREADY THERE.
That is why news agencies have reporters all over the world - so they can cover events 'live'.

"Breaking News"
"Another shooting in The US"
"Tune in tomorrow when Jon Snow gets there."
"Fatima Manji will, of course, be in the studio - We don't want Trump to see her"

In view of what we have discovered, perhaps DRM could amend the thread title to:

"Should news presenters appear on TV wearing a headscarf?"

Muslim reporter in cognito:

upload_2016-7-22_16-49-16.jpeg

I have proved my point so I will rest my case.

Sponsored Links
Back