Should this be left like this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has had the roof replaced. The builder has not sealed up the edges of the new roof where it joins mine. Is this normal ??? Or should it be sealed to prevent rain blowing in.

S3380001.JPG

Sponsored Links
I dont know about normal but its wrong. There should be a Bonding Gutter of some kind between the two roof surfaces.
Plus, while the roofers were up there they worked or walked on your slate and chipped and delaminated some slates. Dont allow them on your side without working from a roof ladder.
I say this because there's going to be a bit more work in retro-fitting a Bonding Gutter.

Has your neighbour had their slate roof swapped for concrete tile?

I dont know about normal but its wrong. There should be a Bonding Gutter of some kind between the two roof surfaces.
Plus, while the roofers were up there they worked or walked on your slate and chipped and delaminated some slates. Dont allow them on your side without working from a roof ladder.
I say this because there's going to be a bit more work in retro-fitting a Bonding Gutter.

Has your neighbour had their slate roof swapped for concrete tile?

Yes they have had that done... OK about roof ladders too. I will have a chat...

They must be out of their minds replacing slate with whats essentially coloured concrete.

Sponsored Links
They must be out of their minds replacing slate with whats essentially coloured concrete.
Heavy concrete too. Just look at the sag on it!!

Never noticed until you mentioned it...
I dont understand why the stupid tiles either.
I would have had the roof stripped off and replaced using my old covering again with replacements as needed.

top cut tile that comes from under the flashing has the bottom left corner missing. (the channel) note the hole.

top cut tile that comes from under the flashing has the bottom left corner missing. (the channel) note the hole.
Oh yes I see that now... Not my problem thankfully. Its rained VERY heavily the last few days and im still dry... so Hey Ho...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back