Shower help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

New to these forums and looking for some advice.

I have a shower which I have taken apart to as much as I can without risking damaging the unit. The thermostat is not working so I'm hoping someone here will be able to tell me what to do next!

I have attached pictures of the section I've got to. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, as there are literally thousands of concealed showers out there, without a make and model it would be nigh on impossible to give you the correct advice on how to dismantle, order the correct thermo and then reconstruct the shower properly.

My recommendation would be to get a quality recommended plumber in to sort it form you. Hopefully he should have the necessary diagnostic skills to strip and fix.

Can you put it back together again and take another picture so that we've at least got some hope of identifying it?

Send pics of the knob or the spindle cover/cap which is usually where a logo can be found!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the responses.

Ok, so without putting it all back together, it looks almost identical to this valve but without the markings on the surround https://victoriaplum.com/product/mode-minimalist-concealed-thermostatic-shower-valve-mincv01

I can't see anything anywhere on the unit to determine what it is or who it is made by and having looked at the fitting instructions for the similar one on VP website, they don't appear to have the same mechanism, they look to have a handy nut. Might have to be a plumber then!

If it's some dodgy unbranded thing I'm afraid the chances of getting spares for it are virtually nil; you're going to be looking at digging it out of the wall and replacing it with a new valve unless somewhere like Lunns.net or showerdoc.com can find a matching cartridge

Yes, guess it is unbranded and spares unlikely. Will try and bodge it first as have little to lose and if not joy, replace!

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back