shower pump location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me if it would be okay to take a hot feed for the pump from the main
hot pipe that feeds the rest of the house.
i know it should have its own feed from the cylinder but my cupboard is tiny and i cant see where a new pipe would fit in. i am having to fit the pump in the loft below the cold tank. HELP.

Sponsored Links
The shower pump should be fitted at the base of the H/W cylinder and the hot supply should not be teed off the present hot supply. You need to change the 22mm outlet on the top of the cylinder to a surrey flange which gives 2 seperate outlets for hot water and run the side outlet to your pump. The cold for your pump should come direct from your cold tank in the loft indepentently.

Shower pumps need to 'push' the water rather than 'pull' as you are hoping to do.

thanks dave i know the pump is supposed to go at the base of the hot cylinder but in my cylinder cupboard its a physical impossibility as its so tight at the bottom.the pump i have is a watermill pc70, is there any way to get it to work sited above the cylinder.

I am not an expert in shower pump installations. I only know the basics which you appear to know but cannot install to. Perhaps another on here can advise you better ;)

Sponsored Links
Is there any other space, under a bathtub, for for instance, where you could install the pump?

(That should get the electricians doing somersaults! :) )

yes, you can fit at the base of the bath,(not sure about electrical regs) or above the cylinder, keep it as close to the cylinder as can be, follow ALL of the remarks Gas 4 You made, bear in mind you need a minimum flow rate to operate a standard pump, this means follows all Mi's, and clearances from base of C/W tank and highest outlet :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back