Shower pump not turning off when water flow stops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just fitted a NewTeam shower pump (sorry don't know the model as its worn off). It looks like it may be quite an old model but hasn't been used before. I've installed it next to the hot water tank, I'm only using it for hot water though it does have 2 inlets+outlets.
Once its switched on, it stays on regardless of whether there is any water flow.
Is there something I may have missed or do some older units not have flow sensors built in? Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
sounds like the flow switch is stuck.

what are you using the pumped hot for?

Its a 70's style house, there is no loft and the header tank is only about 2ft higher than the hot tap in the bathroom, the flow is normally just a trickle.
Is it possible that the unit doesn't have a flow sensor, I reckon it could be up to 10 years old.

Here is an image of it:

Sponsored Links
if your only using it for the hot then the answer to your question " is there something i may have missed" then i would suggest its the cold water feed.

Is it safe to run the pump dry?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back