Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? We had a Salamander 1.5bar pump which started leaking after 3 years minimal use. We just had it replaced by an approved plumber with a like for like Salamander pump.
Our problem is it began coming on for short burst when any other taps in the house were switched on then off, now it comes on all by its self for longer busts. It is making a horrible banging/vibrating noise when it does this each time.
Our plumber assured us its fitted correctly same as old pump(which never had this problem)
Is this a faulty pump, fitting or a problem with the feed from the pipes upstairs?
Thanks
Jess

Sponsored Links
Hi Jess,

Does the pump have dedicated feeds from the hot water tank and the cold water tank to it?

Is it just when you use the hot tap, or does it do it with the cold too?

Sounds like you might have a little bit of air stuck in the pipework. The pump activating itself could be from the trapped air moving its way around the pipework and activating the flow switch. Flow switches on these work in both directions.

Does it still do it when you turn the tap off gently? or it it just when you turn it off quickly.

Hi and thanks for quick reply
I switched off the electrics to the pump for a few hours. Nothing has since happened now it is on again. Maybe you were right about trapped air. I will monitor it over the nxt 24 hours. If the problem reappears I be sure to contact you again
many thanks and regards
Jess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back