Shower replacement...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

A few years ago I was conned, like many others, by a street hustler offering a new shower for a great price... yeah, right...

I was sold an Instaflow 2000 for over £1000 about 15 years ago! That included installation. Basically it was C**P! turning the temperature control it went icy cold, then warm/icy cold/warmer/icy cold/etc... no gradual increase in temperature. Complained, bloke came with a thermometer which he hung under the shower head and pronounced to my wife that it was ok...

Having not used it for years, we would like to replace it with a decent unit. It is fed directly from the main storage tank in the loft (cold of course) and heated (supposedly) in the unit on the wall.

I am confused by the power-showers and other types available. I have received excellent advice recently on this forum, so I am throwing myself upon your mercy again... HELP! What can I get as a direct replacement so I don't have a replumbing and rewiring job on my hands.

Sponsored Links
Tank fed electric shower heaters are available - certainly Mira do one, and possibly Triton. You need to check what size of cable you have (4mm, 6mm or 10mm) and what fuse/MCB rating, and compare this with what is required for new unit. An MCB can be changed, but upgrading the wiring could be major problem.

PS - brave of you to admit to having been a sucker, but I guess we've all been there (but £1,000!). ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back