Shower room extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing low voltage selv fan in ensuite showeroom. Low voltage appropriate lighting already in place. Light switch external to showeroom. Wiring for lights and proposed fan in loft above. Can I connect junction box and spur off loop in supply cable which feeds the lights to give a switched supply to fused connection unit - then link to shower transformer and then fan itself. The fan has no timer and would otherwise require pullcord. Propose wiring 1.5 twin and earth exclude earth connection.
Any pointers appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can I connect junction box and spur off loop in supply cable which feeds the lights to give a switched supply to fused connection unit
You can, but that won't get you a switched supply, the loop is permanently live.

You can put a JB in the cable carrying the switched supply to the lights though, or to cut down on unnecessary joints connect the fan supply cable to the lighting transformer supply terminals if they have the capacity.

Are you aware that this is notifiable?

Thanks for that ban-all-sheds.
I was planning to put junction box where you suggest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back