Shower room extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting an extractor fan but struggling with the wiring layout in the room, the lighting supply comes from a junction box in the next room (outbuilding conversion) i can get a supply to the fan location, but i'm struggling with the switched live (timer fan) i can't get access to the switch wire, which runs from pullcord to ceiling fitting, is there any way around this, the supply to the ceiling lght fitting also comes from the junction box in the next room, so i can access both supplies but not the switch wire, Don't know if i've explained this clearly

Sponsored Links
Can you not take fan cable from light fitting?? Flat roof??

Thanks for your reply Lectrician No its not a flat roof, its vaulted type ceiling plasterboarded with 100mm insulation, no chance of feeding cable through, beam in cetre line of room, can i complete the lighting circuit via the switched live on the fan (if that makes sense) supply ______switch______lamp_______fan s/l will this work ? is it allowed ? would mean the lamp and fan would both be on the isolator switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back