Shower running hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, hope you can help me out. I have been struggling with my hot water in my house since i moved in. Never been particularly hot but recently the shower started to fluctuate between hot and cold. I had some guys in to fix it and it seemed to work for a while but now it has started all over again. The boiler I have is a Halsted Ace High which I know nothing about so would appreciate any advice.

Reading the forum on here Rob seems to know about them, any comments?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Does it do the same when you run a hot tap or just the shower?

No the taps are fine, just the shower. Had the cartridge replaced, limiting valves attached and all sorts. I have had guys in for a number of days trying to figure this one out but it looks like a bigger mystery than the bermuda triangle! If i run the shower in question which is in the loft extension, and any other tap the shower also goes cold, hot water elsewhere appears to be fine

What if you turn the output of your shower down so that less water flows?

What time period does it fluctuate by?

Sponsored Links
Tried turning it down and it doesn't seem to do much, the other guys put some pressure limiters on to control the flow of the cold and it did not impact it. The shower goes hot and cold over about 30 secs and fluctuates the whole time it is running

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back