Shower tray in window reveal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I cant seem to find any info or pictures online of exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I am renovating a stone property with 480mm thick walls. The bathroom is not large so Im trying to make the most use of the available space.

I will be changing the window opening so that it runs from floor level up to 2.0m and will be 800 wide to incorporate a shower tray into the reveal. Using switchable glass for privacy.

The window will be aluminum

Does anybody have some suggestions or comments on feasibility?

Sponsored Links
I considered switchable glass for the window in my cottage.

The three main reasons for my decision to not use it

Cost. very expensive
Damp two suppliers did not recommend its use in humid areas
Power failure without power the glass goes opaque.

I considered switchable glass for the window in my cottage.

The three main reasons for my decision to not use it

Cost. very expensive
Damp two suppliers did not recommend its use in humid areas
Power failure without power the glass goes opaque.

Plus when your in the shower and someone decides to switch the glass leaving you exposed to the whole street

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your input gents,

Im not worried about the switchable glass, yes it is dear for glazing, but any interruption in power and it 'fails' opaque. The bathroom backs on to open fields, even if somehow someone managed to change the switch. Incidentally the switchable glass will be controlled by Loxone home automation.

My concern is with the shower on to the aluminum window day in day out and the water tight integrity of the shower tray within the reveal..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back