Shower Waste Pipe - Is a Fall and then a Rise a problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I have a fall and then a rise in the waste pipe that takes water away from a shower tray? I've tested it by using a watering can to pour water into the shower tray and it all seems to run away fine. However, by having a drop of a couple of inches in the pipe before it rises again, along with a couple of angles that accompany the drop and the rise, am I storing up trouble for the future (e.g. collection of debris in the low angles)? If you are wondering why I'm doing it like this, I'm trying to get the waste pipe away in a fairly constricted space. Thanks.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/forum-information/shower-waste-pipe.390614/#ixzz2qz1c5Pwia[b][/b]

Sponsored Links
If you don't have a constant fall on the waste pipe then eventually all the crud will collect in the dip.

In short, you're building in a future problem

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back