shower waster pipe into horizontal toilet waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'd appreciate any ideas on how best to fix the following:

We had an extension built by some cowboys a few years ago. This has a wooden floor above the concrete slab. An example of thier work can be seen in the photo attached.

The shower waste pipe (middle bottom of the photo) runs into the side of a horizontal section of the toilet waste. This doesn't look right anyway but apart from that, it has become detached. There is no U bend on the shower waste either.

How can I fit something here that will work? Is it Ok to run the shower drain into a horizontal toilet waste?
Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
op said:
The shower waste pipe (middle bottom of the photo) runs into the side of a horizontal section of the toilet waste. This doesn't look right anyway but apart from that, it has become detached. There is no U bend on the shower waste either.

NG said:

err methinks not no trap on the shower come on ng

hepvo ;)

Sponsored Links
Even to a 'non-plumber' its clear that you may come out the shower clean but you wouldn't be smelling of roses! :eek:

thanks for the discussion so far. I have added a pic of the shower side to make things clearer.

How do i fix the shower waste to the main and fix it good?
Also, do I need something more to keep smells and dirty water washing back up the shower pipe from the horizontal waste. There is virtually no incline on the pipe. You can see the small vertical section at the end in the photo.

Thanks.

the bit in the last pic on the end of the pipe is a top acess trap

not a lot you can do about the fall unless you can lower the 4"" soil pipe :idea:

couple of inches would do it (so the missus reckons) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back