SHRAEDER VALVE ON EXPANSION VESSEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning people.
Well i've found out why the pressure keeps dropping on my Worcester boiler and it turns out that its the shraeder valve thats leaking air on the expansion vessel.
Can anyone tell me if the valve alone can be replaced or has the whole expansion vessel got to be replaced
Many thanks
Greg

Sponsored Links
Valve can be replaced. Might not be easy to get it out of the vessel if it's in an awkward position though.

Go to a car spares or bike store and buy a new insert together with a valve removal tool. Cheap as chips.

Sponsored Links
Use the short series tyre valve rather than the one with the long spring - the threads are the same.
John :)

When you have put your new valve in. drain the water out of the boiler and leave the drain off valve open so that the water can be pushed out of the expansion vessel as you re-pressurise the vessel to no more than 1bar/14.5psi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back