SIAMP Toilet Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, hoping you can help a noobie with some DIY.

My toilet was re-filling slowly recently so I decided to replace the 'diaphragm' rubber washer. (turns out the old one was totally split!)

Once fitted and water turned back on, i noticed that water was spraying out of the top. I hope my pictures explain this better.

I just wanted to know, is this normal? what have i done wrong?

It seems to be working, meaning that when the arm is pushed down, the water stops.

Sponsored Links
me neither. Twice I clicked on the link and got a lingering 'Tesco' window which I couldn't get rid of until I logged out. ?

Sponsored Links
Did you fit a genuine Siamp part?

That sort of plastic plug thing under the cap, is it seated properly

Is the new diaphram seated properly in the groove?

Did you fit a genuine Siamp part?

That sort of plastic plug thing under the cap, is it seated properly

Is the new diaphram seated properly in the groove?

purchased it from ebay, so doubt it was genuine. looked good though eBay item number:151643651942

yes, made sure to seat it properly, all the notches line up, otherwise the part with the lever wouldn't screw back in..

Tbh, it might just be easier to replace the whole valve with a fluidmaster. I know some plumbers replace parts but personally I prefer not to as problems quite often arise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back