Siemens dishwasher SE30290SK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Siemens SE30290SK hisense dishwasher.

Recently this (5-6 year old?) dishwasher has developed an intermittent problem with water filling. Filling is partial or non-existent on some occasions, and on others apparently normal. This situation has persisted for several weeks.

If filling at the initial rinse is poor, addition of a couple of litres of water results in the cycle running more or less as normal on most occasions, otherwise it might need a top up during the main wash or the final rinse. Heating and draining all occur as they should, and the drain pump is not active when it should not be.

This model is fitted with an aquastop. I have cleaned the two filters at the tap end of the aquastop (they were somewhat dirty) and checked that water pressure is good. When I take the side off the dishwasher, there is no water in the base and the float is not stuck in the up position. The float microswitch appears to operate normally (no circuit on multimeter except when pressed in).

I accessed the wires leading to the aquastop: the resistance over these was about 2K ohm.

To add insult to injury, the tablet dispenser has started opening almost immediately the dishwasher is run, instead of after the initial rinse. Is this indicative of a more serious PCB fault, or have I just got two problems?

Any help appreciated. I'm fairly handy with a multimeter so if there are any other readings that should be taken, I'll try and investigate. I'm guessing maybe a faulty aquastop and a worn dispenser lid?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back