Siemens MA-V322c 3 port valve, No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Wonder if you can help me.

I'm not getting any hot water from my CH system but the heating works fine. The 3 port valve (siemens MA-V322C) is not returning to the middle position. So when you switch the heating system off and reset everything, then remove the cover so that the spring returns the valve to the HW position then refit the cover and turned the water on only the valve stays where it is, then turn the heating on and it moves to the centre position. Switch the hot water off and the valve moves to the CH position, all fine. But when the hot water is switched back on the valve stay's where it is and won't move back to the middle position. I have to physicaly remove the cover, the spring returns it to the HW position then the motor moves it to the middle position. So basically it won't return once in the CH position.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Steven

Sponsored Links
sounds as though the valve body has seized, can you turn the spindle with a small spanner or pliers, when the head is off?

Well when I take the lid off, the part with the motor, the valve springs back to the HW setting. As I said I get hot water and heating but when the heating is on without the hot water the motor moves the valve all the way over to CH but it does not return from that point when there's a demand for hot water. So HW on it's own OK, HW and CH OK, CH on it's own OK, but when it is meant to go back to the mid position or the HW only position it does not.

Steven

when you select hot water only on the programmer does the boiler fire up and the pipe to the 3 port get hot?

as mentioned above you could try freeing the spindle but may be clogged/sludged up - may need a new 3 port.

Sponsored Links
The system has recently been flushed out, Yes the boiler fires up when CH is required and when HW is required. the middle pipe (inlet) gets hot and so do the CH and HW pipes when the unit is in the correct position. As I say it doesn't seem to return once it's gone all the way over to the CH position. Could it have anything to do with the 2 micro switches at the top.

Cheers steven

. Could it have anything to do with the 2 micro switches at the top.

Cheers steven

no I wouldn't have thought so
I agree with the others, it's a mechanical problem (sticking head or spindle) not an electrical one

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back