Siemens RDJ10RF Wireless Thermostat Wiring, please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Siemens RCU15 Room Thermostat connecting with my air conditioning and central heating(not from boiler).

I have purchased a Siemens RDH10RF Wireless Room Thermostat today, got home to fit it and the wiring diagram included is not very clear and just confused myself.

Ok some diagrams for you. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. :cool:

Sponsored Links
The RDH10rf is completly unsuitable to replace the RCU15, your existing stat works on 24v and is switching 24v actuators (I think) one for heating and the other for cooling, can you take the RDH back. ?

The RDH10rf is completly unsuitable to replace the RCU15, your existing stat works on 24v and is switching 24v actuators (I think) one for heating and the other for cooling, can you take the RDH back. ?

Thanks for your information. Yes I can return it within 14days. Is there any other wireless room thermostat I can use?

Picasso why is it unsuitable ? the switching side of the siemens is completely separate from the 240v power supply side of it.
And switches on anything from 12v to 240v.

OP you connect LX to supply out of your appliance and gp back to appliance from
L1 if you want it to heat
L2 if you want cool.

You just take a separate L .. N for receiver from same fused spur for your appliance

Sponsored Links
Picasso why is it unsuitable ? the switching side of the siemens is completely separate from the 240v power supply side of it.
And switches on anything from 12v to 240v.

OP you connect LX to supply out of your appliance and gp back to appliance from
L1 if you want it to heat
L2 if you want cool.

You just take a separate L .. N for receiver from same fused spur for your appliance

It is a good news! But I am not quite understand the OP and GP, can you plz tell me which wire should link to which port?

So where would you connect the L1 L2 and LX on the RCU15? As far as I can see it uses sensors to switch, can't see where you can connect using on/off but always willing to learn.

I think the plan was to abandon the RCU15 picasso.

Need more information and a wiring diagram of the ac unit

OP you connect LX to supply out of your appliance and gp back to appliance ...

It is a good news! But I am not quite understand the OP and GP, can you plz tell me which wire should link to which port?
OP = Original Post(er), i.e you; "gp" is a typo it should be "go".

As a matter of interest, why do you want to get rid of the RCU15?

I currently have a Siemens RCU15 Room Thermostat connecting with my air conditioning and central heating(not from boiler).

I have purchased a Siemens RDH10RF Wireless Room Thermostat today, got home to fit it and the wiring diagram included is not very clear and just confused myself.

Ok some diagrams for you. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. :cool:

That's a North American controller mate, with two relays controlling Heat & Cool. Have you an Air Handling unit or Heat Pump??

Be interesting to see how the rf unit is going to control the two outputs with a change over switch.

L1-L2 is a changeover contact.

it's where you get the 24vac from, there most be something either in the unit or the RCU.

So what happens when the heating is satisfied ? the air con comes on ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back