silicone filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.. I just finished laying 16mm ply all over my floor pre lino' and was wondering what would be the best filler for the cracks? I've done my best to keep hem minimal and they aint bad. But due to the severe ****ed-ness of my walls and my own crapness there are one or two wider than they could be. Any advice would be great... thanks.

Sponsored Links
One point for acknowledging crapness :LOL:

If you are using a thick covering, and the gaps are less than about 5mm then you can fill with a tube of caulk

Otherwise for wider gaps a more solid wood filler, or grout or suchlike may be better. Press it well in and level it off flush.

It may or may not form a hairline crack, but that won't matter, as the hard flat surface will be preferable to what you'll get with silicone, and the line won't show through the lino.

If it is a really wide gap, the squeeze a thin piece of timber in, or use a tough epoxy based filler

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back