Silicone grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got large porcelain tiles in the kitchen which are moving and have cracked the grout in between. Long term fix is to relay but for now I want to put something down which will look OK on the eye when guests come round. Your eye is drawn to the dark lines of crumbled grout between the white tiles. New grout cracks so I was hoping there might be something more like a silicone sealer which I could put down short term. I've heard it might be a messy job or not look good but I have a steady hand and eye. Any suggestions. Would appreciate an actual product name? Cheers Jase

Sponsored Links
no dont do that, it work work.

you could use a flexible grout but if the movement is too much it too will crack

Thanks TPT for the reply. What do you mean when you say it won't work? I am after a short term fix until I relay the floor in a few years time.

Sponsored Links
sorry to say that there is no short term quick fix, best off biting the bullet and getting them up and making sure the new ones are down properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back