Silicone tube racking

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Come on all you window fitters, how do you store them, need to sort my van out over the crimbo period and buying or making some sort of rack is a job on the list, also as I carry white, clear, brown, caulk, toffee I need a rack that holds more than 5 tubes, I normally keep a box of each colour on

Sponsored Links
wonder if you could incorporate a wine rack of sorts into your racking?

I shan't post a pic of mine as its just a pink plastic box with some wood wedged in to separate the colors lol.
A friend of mine has 4 lengths of down pipe attached to his back doors, 1 for clear, 1 for white, 1 for caulk and 1 is mixed colors.

Its very smart but I often fill the van right to my back doors so would need to find space elsewhere to do the same (if I ever get time).
Hes a handy man type of work and his van is immaculate! One very cool trick that I pinched off him is to fit these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3528-LED-...hash=item27daf61581:m:mSpP_H0AUWNVA6-RFcfp4RQ

Awesome with the cold dark winters.
You can get them for about £5 without the charger/adapter and make sure you get the bright white ones.
You can stick them to the roof of your van (solvent 1st and run through bulkheads so they don't come unstuck) and the light they give off is amazing!!!
He ran a separate power supply from a socket and put a switch in but my hack was faster and works better, Just wedge the wires in behind the bulb at the back of your van and they come on when you open the doors just like the built in light.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Ive got shelves to the sliding door for all the tools, x3 shelves for all the silicones, each shelf has been sized to get 2 boxes on.

Sponsored Links
I'm only in a new shape transit connect so room is at a premium, tool box takes up the side door, slide out rack for all all my power tools against one side behind a glass rack and the other side are my tilt bins for screws and fixings/odds and sods

I use old wine rack in the garage for storage of cans etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back