Sime super 90 internal fuse blown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, For some time their has been a noise like solenoid chatter when the heating is first turned on. Yesterday no heating when got up, made various checks and found an internal 1.6 fuse had blown. I replaced that and it fired up, with the chatter noise coming from the 24v input on the gas valve. If I remove one of the wires the noise stops but boiler flame is only on low heat. When system is hot, wire can be re-connected and boiler works properly. Is this likely to be the board, the gas valve, or a stat?

Sponsored Links
I think that you should be engaging a gas registered engineer to diagnose and repair your boiler.

We don't advise on DIY repairs here associated with gas/combustion.

Tony

I am, though I'm generally an installer. This is my partners boiler and she doesn't really want a new one at this time of year. Was going to join gas registered forum but it said this is done manually and may take a few days. I would like to get the bottom of the fault asap.

To get help submit your details including licence number.

Usually effected within a day or so.

Then we will help you there!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well I think I've done that, will hang about for a bit, then try again tomorrow.

You don't usually get notified but just find that you can access the CC as we call it.

So try it from time to time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back