Sime Super 90 MK II problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys first post here.

Ok for some reason my boiler was increasing in pressure up to 3Bar, the only way i could lower it was to bleed my RADS, but over the next couple of days it would be right up there again.

There are 2 valve's, one allows the water into the system and the other allows water into the RADS, so im thinking how the hell is it getting in??? I found the first valve allowing the water into the system, which must have been leaking throught the RAD intake valve filling up the system.

After this i called a Plumber who is a Friend of the family and is a certified Gas Safe guy. Once he arrived he said the valve's are built into the system (moulded in) so we would have to replace the whole set wich would cost alot. So he had the idea of breaking into the filling loop (the flexible pipe between the valve's) BUT.... He then realised it was a 10mm fitting wich according to him is very rare. He wanted to add a tap to the pipe then go back into the boiler going from 10mm to 15mm with tap then back to 10mm. So we found the bits we needed after a day of trekking around plumbing shops, but the backet on the boiler was preventing us putting it back into the boiler, we decided the only solution was to add a stop at the end of the pipe stopping the water from getting into the RADS, he explained is not the best but i would have to remove the stop and attach the pipe again to fill if required then put the stop back on.

He went away and now i have two drips, one was coming from some kind of bleed valve on top of the pump which i tightend and the others well i dont know!!! He didnt even touch these only the flex pipe so whats going on?? Can placing a stop on the pipe cause some kinds of pressure?

Sponsored Links
I really cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Since you have a gas safe registered person to help you then why not just let him get on with a solution?

Or dont you trust his expertise?

Tony

He's gone away for a few weeks so i wanted to ask to make sure everything was ok.

I found that it was leaking from the heat exchanger last night, not due to any loose nuts, it is coming from the housing of the heat exchanger.

If this in any way dangerous? It will drip around 3 times in one minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back