sime super 90 not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an ancient Sime super 90 combi boiler.
The diverter valve has been sticking for a while meaning i only have hot water when the heating is on or if i wait for it to heat the rads before the tap gets hot. I also had a leak from a joint on the pressure relief valve.
I have taken the diverter and pressure valves off, cleaned the diverter valve diaphragm and re-fitted them both, topped up the pressure, no leaks.
Now nothing is happening when i run the hot water and with the heating on i have a pilot light and a clicking coming from the pcb but it does not light. As far as i am aware i have not interfered with anything other than the two valves. Any ideas where i have gone wrong or what i may have disturbed ?

Sponsored Links
Cleaned the diverter diaphragm..that's a first :)

The diaphragms perish and become weak and then hole...have you checked the condition? I'm amazed it's resealed and not leaked. Replace the diaphragm or the whole diverter if the rear section is sticking.

I did'nt expect to fix it by cleaning it but the rubber is good, its not that old, just had a load of scum stuck to it. I am having another boiler fitted soon but want to get this one working again for the time being.
Not worried if the diverter is still stuck, i do need heating though.

Sponsored Links
Well, just for laughs i thought i would try the heating again today and it fired straight away !
Still no hot water but at least i have a kettle to cover that, at least its no longer freezing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back