Simple problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

This is my first post, so sorry if its in the wrong place/really simple ect...

I need to remove a screw from a semi-circular drawer that spins out from a desk. Seems easy, however the screw is upside down, and there is not enough space between the screw and the lower part if the desk to fit a screw driver or ratchet to fit, and some pliers and a screwdriver bit doesn't work due to a small lip that stops the bit from reaching...

I don't want to break it, are there any ways I can unscrew it that I'm missing? I'll upload a photo to try and make it a bit clearer...

Cheers!
Will

Attachments

• IMG_20150720_095229.jpg
    IMG_20150720_095229.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
I can't see the screw in your picture.

What would happen if you lifted the desk up, or tipped it over?

If it was assembled with a screw then it can be dissembled, you may be overlooking something in the way it's put together.You can however get screwdrivers as short as 40mm, would that fit?
Draw appear to be plastic? if all else fails you could drill a hole to allow in screwdriver and if required fill the hole again with a grommet.

Sponsored Links
Picture offers very little help, could we have a bit more clarity on what you have. It maybe that you require to remove other components to gain access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back