Simple question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was asked to sort out a basin tap late this evening for a single mum, as it was leaking, I thought 5mins no probs.

It was a bit loose and moved on the basin aswell.

I tried to get the head off but damn head was jammed and would'nt budge, so I thought I would take the whole tap off,
I tried takeing it off from the bottom but the pipework was moving with the force I was putting on, So I managed to get the head off with extreme effort changed the washer and left the slightly loose tap as it was for fear of it turning into a monster :D . :oops:

What do you plumbers use to lossen the nut on bottom and the head and why was it a struggle to get my tap spanner in to the old style basin to tighten up jammed tap nut .

I hate

Sponsored Links
"gas etc is all s***te mate "-- True! gas is emmitted from ****e.

"get used to it "-- That's what I'm trying to do.

"plumbing"-- This can be ****e,Literally!

Sponsored Links
i]
newgas";p="1809778 said:
I was asked to sort out a basin tap late this evening for a single mum, as it was leaking, ]I thought 5mins no probsi]

Also, were you hoping for some sort of bonus

expertgasman";p="1809924 said:
i]
I was asked to sort out a basin tap late this evening for a single mum, as it was leaking, ]I thought 5mins no probsi]

Also, were you hoping for some sort of bonus
:D I hav'nt got the energy for that at that time, plus the guilt would prob. kill me :D

The tap is hammering now or so she says I got the dreaded phone call today. Apparently it's hammering even when washing machine is on :eek: .
Will have to go back after work.
Never mind the gossip you lot,, what about some advice ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back