Single cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently replaced 4 rads in my system, at the same time I treated the system with sludge remover. However, one of my rads is still stone cold. I have standard valves, I have checked for an air blockage, and I have now removed the rad in question to check the water pressure at the valves to find the feed pipe is fine but the outlet trickled with the occassional black chuck of corrosion. I have a microbore system which I assume is blocked up as could be; is there anyway of removing the blockage without an expensive plumber?

Sponsored Links
Bahco, I have looked over the website and can't seem to see anything like my problem, as I have followed the advice given on other possible problems (air lock, balance problem, etc.) but as I said none have availed, is my system blocked close to this rad, and if so can I as a novice fix it simply?

Sponsored Links
seeing as you have the rad off
simply connect mains water to wv
then connect discharge to return valve and allow to flow into drain
if this does'nt work for you go along the pipe work with a magnet to check where the blockages are and remove blocked pipe , replace with new pipe and compression fitting's
make sure you can access the fitting's easily
then give your system a clean with fernox and add inhibitor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back