single core against dual core quandry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya,

usually post in the heating category but i'm struggling to understand the power of my computer so I want to ask a simple question.

fifa09 says it need the following to run:

- 2.6 GHz CPU(single-core) Pentium III or higher.
- 512 Megabytes of RAM (1 GB required for Windows Vista™)
- DirectX® 9.0c Compatible 3D accelerated 128 MB video card or equivalent
(must support Shader Model 2.0 or above -)
- 4.26 GB free hard disk space for DVD-ROM format (additional space required for saved games and DirectX® 9.0c installation)
- 8x or faster DVD-ROM drive
- DirectX® 9.0c Compatible Sound Card

My new acer aspire 5735Z has the following

- 2ghz, 800Mhz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache
- 3 GB DDR2
- 1244 MB Mobile intel graphics media accelerator 4500m
- 160gb hdd

Will it run it. Is the dual core better than the a single core? I assume that as my number of GHz is lower then it is not as powerful?

Can you set me straight on this please?

thanks!

Stu

Sponsored Links
Pentium 3 is now 4 generations old, (pentium iv, duo core, quad core, i-7 followed after that.)So fairly safe to say it will run on just about any computer that is still alive.
Depending on how detailed the graphics are, you could get hung up a bit on that, which will depend on your graphics card more than your computer speed. If it feels a bit slow, set the resolution lower and/or other graphics details like number of colours, rendering, shadow generation and that sort of thing.

Sponsored Links
Pentium 3 is now 4 generations old, (pentium iv, duo core, quad core, i-7 followed after that.)So fairly safe to say it will run on just about any computer that is still alive.
Depending on how detailed the graphics are, you could get hung up a bit on that, which will depend on your graphics card more than your computer speed. If it feels a bit slow, set the resolution lower and/or other graphics details like number of colours, rendering, shadow generation and that sort of thing.

you know too much! :D :D

Back