1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Single Radiator Gone Cold - Danfoss TRV (Old Type)

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by RivendellProductions, 2 May 2007.

1. RivendellProductions

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

After 3 or 4 days of having my living room radiator set at 0 on the thermostat, I tonight turned it back up but the radiator has refused to heat up. All other radiators are fine. I suspect it may be a sticking TRV as I have since been informed that you shouldn't turn them to 0. I will have a go at freeing it off but I am having real trouble removing the cap.

The TRV is fitted horizontally, has a white twist section with the temperature settings. This part can be pulled out atound half a centimetre. Inset into the end of the twist section is a black part with Danfoss Thermostat written on it. It will turn around half a centimetre as well. I cannot see any locking tabs or clips etc, but where the assembly joins the pipe there is what looks almost like a plastic hose clip with a screw on it.

Can anyone help???
    Gary

2. namsag

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Undo the screw thats holds as you say the hose clip. This will allow the head to come off once off you will see a little pin give this a couple of gentle taps to free the valve seatin. If this doesn`t work the valve can be dismantled. will explain how to if tapping does not work.

3. RivendellProductions

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi namsag,

Have managed to get the head off, have the pin in front of me. Have tried tapping several times, not too hard though & also tried applying pressure to the pin, with no result, the pin does not move at all...

4. RivendellProductions

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks backward gasman!!!

I persevered with applying steady pressure on & off & the pin has eventually released & we have heat! Bloomin' marvellous what you can do with no knowledge and T'Interwebnet!!!

Cheers for your help!!!
    Gary